Previously, We have covered this fight and the origins of it in one of our posts, they say that brevity is the soul of wit, therefor, I mock myself by this blog.
The enemy has long had great love and mystical affection for one radical of radicals, fully raised in the wobblie(IWW) tradition; Saul Alinsky. At the risk of harping, it does need further explanation that all of the colleges in the top ten during the eighties were trying to teach this stuff and mostly succeeding, I was myself thrown out of a college for writing (poorly) a term paper on human rights, that of the unborn but still very much alive people. For that I was ridiculed, so points 3 through 6 of Power Tactics from the book, (Saul Alinsky; Rules For Radicals,) are discussed here. Enjoy!
- “Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this. They can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.”
However, Alinsky also taught the clergy to fight the clergy on this one. More on this later I hope.
- “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also, it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.”
- “The threat is generally more terrifying than the thing itself.”
- “In a fight almost anything goes. It almost reaches the point where you stop to apologize if a chance blow lands above the belt.”
This is a declaration of war. Cicero said it best:
- True law is right reason in agreement with nature; it is of universal application, unchanging and everlasting; it summons to duty by its commands, and averts from wrongdoing by its prohibitions... It is a sin to try to alter any part of this law, nor is it allowable to repeal any part of it, and it is impossible to abolish it entirely. We cannot be freed from its obligations by senate or people, and we need not look outside ourselves for an expounder or interpreter of it. And there will not be different laws at Rome and at Athens, or different laws now and in the future, but one eternal and unchangeable law will be valid for all nations and for all times, and there will be one master and ruler, that is God, over us all, for he is the author of this law, its promulgator, and its enforcing judge. Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature, and by reason of this very fact he will suffer the worst punishment. (Quoted in Ebenstein, Great Political Thinkers, p.133.)
Thus, the wicked have overpowered the strong and they themselves will cast themselves down. All we need to do now, is get up and fight this battle and win this war.